|Research Library Usage Fee||$ 5 a day||$10 a day||Free|
|Staff Assisted Research*||$15 per hour||$25 per hour||Free|
|Copies||$.25 per copy||$.35 per copy||Free|
|CD & Case||$4 per||$5 per||Free|
|Photos used for Publication or Profit**||$20 per photo||$20 per photo||$10 per photo|
**Must agree to the terms/conditions of MCHS Photo Policy for usage. Some photographs are copyright protected.
Please contact MCHS for details.
Library Materials Available
The research library of MCHS contains many useful materials. Available for research are:
- City Directories
- Plat Maps
- Mower County History Books
- City & Township History Books
- Photo Files
- Vertical files including people, towns, townships events, & businesses
- Birth & Death records
- Tombstone Trails – cemetery listings
- School Yearbooks
- Township Records – microfilm
- Newspapers – bound and microfilm (not all collections are complete)
- Adams Monitor Review from 1955-2008
- Adams Review from 1932-1935 and 1945-1955
- Austin Daily Herald from 1891-2013
- Austin Democrat from 1891-1897
- Lyle Tribune – microfilm from 1895-1951
- Mower Fillmore Republican from 1875-1879
- Mirror from 1850-1879
- Sentinel from 1940-1952
- Mower County Register from 1963-1871
- And much more!
Our research library has a vast collection of resources containing information about Mower County History. Archival records include the organization of towns and townships, historic events, businesses, schools, churches, wildlife, military personnel, and wars. Conducting research is a great way to connect with your ancestors.
We welcome you to set up an appointment for in person research or to seek assistance with research conducted by our staff and volunteers.